NES to TV Hookup
- Locate the TV's VHF IN [ANT, CATV, or 75(ohm)] or Cable Connector.
- Disconnect the existing cable wire from the TV's VHF IN.
- Connect the short, thick wire from the RF Switch (labeled ANT) to your TV's VHF IN.
- Reconnect the existing cable wire (disconnected in step 2) to the silver post labeled ANT on the RF switch.
- Connect the thin wire of the RF Switch (labeled Control Deck) to the back of the NES (labled RF Out).
- On the back of the NES, set the 3/4 switch so that it matches the channel of the TV.
Note: The RF Switch does not produce stereo sound. To get stereo sound, connect your Control Deck to your TV or VCR using the Stereo Audio/Video Cable.
After the system is connected to the TV:
- Insert the Game Pak firmly into the Control Deck.
- Plug the controller(s) into the front of the Control Deck. Use the far left port for a one player game.
- Plug the AC Adapter into the back of the Control Deck. Plug the other end of the cord into a wall outlet.
- Press the Power button on the front of the Control Deck.
- Turn on the TV and set it to the appropriate channel (3 or 4.)
- The game image should now be displayed on the TV screen.
If after following these directions you are not able to view the game (for instance, if the red power light flashes off and on), try our